Now You See Me is an action-packed comedy about four illusionists who use their skills of deception to restore justice to a bankrupt system. But their mission has a twist that not even they could have seen coming…
What’s it about: When four illusionists are recruited by an anonymous investor, they use their skills of deception to restore justice in a bankrupt world and bring down a greedy crook.
What’s it really about: Magic is awesome
- You enjoy genre crossovers: Now you see me is essentially a blend of Action, Comedy and Thriller
- As such, it is a great pick for a Date Night
- You’re a fan of card tricks, mentalists, escape artists, and illusionists in general
- Your jaw drops every time you watch David Copperfield, Dynamo, or any of the great illusionists perform their tricks
- You used to watch those “Behind the Magic” shows on TV and think “That guy’s an asshole for revealing all of those secrets”
- You like “Robin Hood” stories where somebody takes from the rich and gives it to the less fortunate
- You’re thinking of watching the sequel – which stars actual wizard Harry Potter, I mean Daniel Radcliffe – when it comes out in June
- You like films that employ ensemble casts: almost everyone in this film is a star, from comedy ingenue Dave Franco (Neighbours, 21 Jump Street), to outstanding dramatic and character actors like Jesse Eisenberg (The Social Network), Michael Caine (The Cidar House Rules, The Dark Knight, Inception) and Morgan Freeman (The Shawshank Redemption, Invictus, Driving Miss Daisy), to romcom darling Isla Fisher (Confessions of a Shopaholic, Definitely Maybe), to romcom actor turned dramatic actor Mark Ruffalo (13 going 30, Just like Heaven, Foxcatcher, Spotlight), and Woody Harrelson.
Most memorable quote: “The closer you think you are, the less you’ll actually see”
Most memorable scene:
Where can I watch? Now you see me is available on Amazon, Sky Online, and Sky Go, iTunes and Hulu.